Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Jajan Jazz after Java Jazz

7th March:


Oh man..Java Jazz on its last Sunday was awesome!!!! Manhattan Transfer was the first show we watched and had to pay extra Rp to get inside.. it was alright was quite worth it... Vice President was there as well watching it with us. So much bargaining we had to do just to get cheap tickets to get inside :p


Bubi Chen was ofcourse amazing as well!! At the age of 74..and still going strong?! That grandpa rocks!! He played awesome jazz tunes and his band was so fantastic! I thought they're from Hongkong or Taiwan or somewhere East Asia. Only later that nite I found out he's from SURABAYA, Indonesia! Wow!!


Bob James Trio was definitely the highlight of the night.. We had to squeeezzeee just to queue outside the hall.. was hot and humid..but if it's for Bob James Trio.. we'd do anything! haha *no..that's a bit extreme* :P




13th March:


By around 8.15pm we arrived at Mall Serpong in Gading Summarecon.. it's really a nice mall.. I love the courtyard .. it made me felt like I was in Singapore...or Bandung.. or anything but Jakarta...awesomeness! Then mr D *mr dentist, 29 years of age - came to see us.. People had been saying he's interested in me but.. I couldn't feel the chemistry..it's just ain't there..sad..sorry Mr.D . So I heard he closed his clinic early to meet us that night, and I noticed he'd been smiling and all that to me..but hmm.. was I being mean or what? It's just a Big NO. Mum had been saying he's a really nice guy, family guy, financially stable blablabla..but who can deny what the heart is really feeling? I can't. Sorry Mum.

By 9.30pm we arrived at the Jajan Jazz Festival.. My piano tutor performed there.. The timetable ran VERY late, so he performed at around 11pm..but that's alright..coz it was worth the wait. His band was super awesome.. Really Really Really GOOD~ !! That was like a fresh air to my ear and heart after all the bitchiness I went through last week.


Then we took photos and congratulated him and the band. Seriously, they're the most good-looking jazz musos in that festival (and the most good-looking jazz musos in any festival I've ever been to). How often do you find good looking young talented musos all in one band other than poppish-rockish bands? We're talking about jazz here ;).


And the guitarist been noticing us two (my sis and i)..and made some introduction.. He's not bad looking at all.. From a far when the spotlight was on him, he looked like some kind of Korean actor..but when the spotlight was off..he's not as good looking haha..but still looked pretty cool with all that British-preppy outfit ..Oh and I think he's interested in my sis..HAHA.. he asked her , her age. .when he heard she's only 21, he was kind of surprised, he looked like 25++..Anyway..I think my sis kinda like him as well.. he's her type..;P

No comments:

Post a Comment