Saturday, August 29, 2009

A Worshiper

23Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. 24God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in spirit and in truth."(John 4: 23-24)

Lately I've been filling in random quizzes in Facebook and there's one that I did have a go at and it was about God's gifts in you (eg. are you a worshiper / teacher etc) and mine was : a worshiper.

Then about 2 days ago I randomly opened my cute-tiny Bible just to read something.. this technique does not necessarily work all the time, but I was tired at that time and it was 4 am in the morning. So I said to God "God, look, it's not playing hide and seek with you, but I'm just very sleepy and I know any chapter I read is You talking to me this dawn."

So John 4, God was talking to a Samaritan woman, I pictured straightaway how it might had been like back then and those two verses felt like they were emboldened.

And you know what's weirder? Every time I started to read the Bible again, I always got nightmares...One of them was I somehow tried to run away from this evil-looking Chinese dude , and I didn't escape successfully then I woke up. So I didn't read the Bible the next day and I dream normally (no nightmares, just some random dream)...And I tested it again and read the Bible again, and goshh another nightmare!! I don't know about tonight, but maybe it's just ms.evil doesn't like me growing in God...

Well, I guess I have to know exactly where I'm walking on and where my destination is.

God, I'm not worth it, I have so many flaws that I don't think I can be Your worshiper in spirit and in truth...But I know You look deeper down into the purest form of heart and with what I have, with all I am, I shall worship You ... and I hope I can make You smile... that's my prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment