Sunday, August 2, 2009

Bambino~

Thanks to a friend who introduced me to Japanese drama series..gosh...now I'm sort of addicted to them..

The last one which I just finished watching it titled Bambino, it's about a chef thing.. basically a 21 year old dude from Fukuoka trying to find his luck in career wise so he went to Tokyo and along the years he struggled his way in finding and achieving his true aspirations and how this actually conflicted with his relationship with his girlfriend... (more info, wikidrama can be a useful guide)

My favorite quote from that movie is:

'you have no right to talk about your dreams, if you can't deal with the things right in front of you.'

This quote was said by a senior chef whom Bambi had a 4-eyes chat with when he complained to the senior chef that he didn't come to Tokyo to be a waiter and served bread for customers. (Basically this enthusiastic naive Ban-Kun *Bambi* was really keen to be a top chef with specialty in Italian cuisine...but he had to be a waiter for a year before the owner decided to move him into the kitchen as a chef)

I was shot to the core... I have so many things right in front of me that I'm still struggling with.. My personal issues, career issues, and yet I'm such a dreamer... I wonder.. If I still dislike certain people, would that mean I'm still not able to deal with the 'things' right in front of me? I know this quote obviously means I have to concentrate on my thesis, deal with it, then I will have the right to my dreams (when putting it into Agnes Patricia monogatari at the moment).

Well, well, that quote surely has been shaping my thoughts lately.. and oh, fyi. I'm currently mind-detoxing myself.. trying to get rid all of the 'dirty' contents (noo.. i don't mean by dirty as in s*x or wahtever you might be assuming right now)...and I'm currently reflecting and comparing myself with Ban-Kun...

The most popular phrase they often put in the series was "Never Give Up."


So I shall not..and the same goes to you. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment