Sunday, May 10, 2009

Comprehending F.A.T

Weight Weight and Weight!!!Isn't that the issue on what every Eve's tribes (I shall specify it: Azn girls) complaining about - FAT!!!

From FAT..they sorta softened it into CHUBBY..so much for saving some faces...and it kind of frustrates me how they have super duper small sizes...the skinnier you are, the more normal you are (not till anorexic point of course)... So many girls complaining how fat they are ( in return for appraisal and comfort 'no darl, you're not!')...

It's true that no Azn girls wants to be called 'fat' or 'you're so chubby'...that's considered an insult (thanks to the media and various culture for this mind-set). They say, they want to loose some weight and be 'slim' as in 'thin' to gain confidence...(thanks again to Media & Friends)...Isn't this world so cruel? How many girls have lost their good self-esteem for this matter? How many friendships are broken simply because one just couldn't understand the struggle the other-one has been dealing with? BE SENSITIVE! It's not about you, you, and you, but it's about us..Let's put ourselves in each other's shoes and FEEL it for goodness sake!!

Some light advice:

I myself have been struggling with weight issue until this minute.. and I really know how it feels to be called 'fat'..Although yes it's true I might be an overweight person, but it's not right to say something that can be destructive to someone's self-esteem if you aren't prepared to be destructed in return. Words, Actions, and Consequences, people.

So if you're telling me 'Hey, you're so chubby!' ..okay, great, thanks for your view, but it's up to me to either eat it, shoot it back, or throw it in the bin. The funny thing is.. if someone tell me I'm fat, I would smile and made jokes out of it.. The next time I see that person and tell him/her that they're fat, they would tell me "Like you're not!"...wow...such a cruel world. Read this one... If you make sarcastical jokes on someone else's appearance, then you have to be prepared and allow that person to make sarcastical jokes on yours as well... It's a fair go. In this case then everyone's happy : D. All good and acceptable (in my case).

And for those of you who are being discriminated for being chubby/fat, tell them that 'Yes I am FAT' because FAT for us means: Fabulous, Attractive, and Tough.

Oh..and..learn from Po :)

No comments:

Post a Comment