Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Girl Power! We Can Do it!!

I shall share to the highlights of my activities in these past 2 days.



First of all: due to the storm, I think our cracked traditional roof couldn't handle the pressure very well, so there was leakage thru the top ceiling of our side-entrance. So 2 days ago, we (all three macho women: my mum, my cousin, myself) climbed up to the rooftop and fixed stuffs. Gee, men would be handy! But, we made it by ourselves - fixing the roof! Well-done *tap on the backs*! We could see pretty much the views surrounding our neighbourhood, and thankgoodnessssss we don't live across a busy street, otherwise, so embarassing laa..Coz we wore our pj's and God knows what kind of difficulties and weird positions we had to pose (I guess regular pilates might have helped..)

Secondly, last night we removed several furnitures around. That's including removing all the Cds', books, rubbish, etc.. And the biggest of the biggest was removing our huge and heavy TV cabinets. We had to move it outside for the brand-new credenza to come in... (I can't wait for it!So excited!!).



What I've learnt from these:

Here in Perth, is so different to Indo where you have all the helpers you need.. e.i. maids, drivers, etc. Places like Perth is where everything is D.I.Y, unless the zeros in your bank account is no more accountable :p. We wished we had some helpers from the Adam's clan, but since there was none, we can't really be dependent creatures. I shall add, women really aren't only about cooking, sewing, washing, and all works that don't need physical strength and logic-strategic thinking. No men in the house? No worry! We (girls) can do it!!


No comments:

Post a Comment