Monday, July 27, 2009

Inside and Outside



I'm currently battling with weight.. my aim before 25th December is to lose 10kg..

At least I don't eat later than 7.30 :p~~, I can go crazy for breakfast and lunch, but just not after 7.30~.. Probably somewhere around 5-7pm, I can go for a cake or two, but I am disciplining myself of not eating anything above 7.30pm.. (will I survive with this method until the 25th?)

I doubt I'd still be doing this when my parents coming in the next few months..well..an exception I'm making myself for this period would be: to eat considerably healthy.. eg. salmon? salad? or I"m not sure whether I can do this but I'd try and have a go at Greek Salad which practically has no meat whatsoever in it..PURE vege and a lil bit of cheese here and there.

But interestingly enough, a friend's sms was a blessing for me..since I have not thought a lot lately about my relationship with my Creator, all I cared about was how to lose weight and that's it. In the sms he said:

"Luke 11:39-40

39Then the Lord said to him, "Now then, you Pharisees clean the outside of the cup and dish, but inside you are full of greed and wickedness. 40You foolish people! Did not the one who made the outside make the inside also?"

He said the main point is:
What seen outside is not the most important. God also sees deep into our hearts..Good ethics and manners without the right mind-set is void.

"Bring our inner life under God's control and your outer life will naturally reflect him." - Immanuel Franklin

No comments:

Post a Comment